
And here it is today after adding six more lavender plants (for a total of ten).

The first four plants came from the Tilth sale and were planted shortly after the herb garden went in back in May. I hadn't taken any photos because it looked incomplete with half of the area still empty, but I like the variety I have there now. I love the different colors of lavender blossoms—silly me to think that they were always lavender. There's a silver, a yellow, a pink, and a blue version in there. I added the common names because I've already lost one of the little plastic labels...I think it was buried in with the roots of one of the plants.
Speaking of the herb garden, here's the updated (and labeled) photo of it too.

This is what it looked like when I first planted it back in May: Herbacious. My plants are actually growing! The basil wasn't doing well, so I moved it to a planter, shifted the rosemary and onions to where the basil had been, and added some Kentucky mint (good for mint juleps!) and hyssop (to attract hummingbirds) in the back. Hopefully the basil will do better in a container that I can move inside when the evenings are too cold. I did purchase a few new basil plants from a crusty gardener (he thought I had planted the others too early and the cool nights had stunted their growth) so between the old plants and the new, I should be able to pick my own very soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment