Tonight will mark the end of week 2 of my kickboxing conditioning class. My quads and abdominal muscles are getting used to the squats and crunches that the instructors use to punctuate our punching activities (60 seconds of Left jab/Right cross! 60 seconds of bicycle crunches! 60 seconds of Right jab/Left cross! 60 seconds of lunges! Woo-hoo!), so of course there was a new wrinkle on Wednesday...the Barbie Walk: walking around the perimeter of the room on our tiptoes. Sounds easy—and it was at the time—but now my calves hurt and I'm back to hobbling up and down the stairs. In honor of the Barbie Walk, I've included a picture of my very first Barbie, Ballerina Barbie. :)On Wednesday and Thursday, I attended the 7am classes (!) so I could have my evenings free to see some California friends who were cruising through Seattle as part of his band's PNW three-day tour. Wednesday, the three of us headed out for a delicious omakase feast at a West Seattle sushi bar. And last night, Theis and I joined them at the Sunset Tavern in Ballard for a Flying Other Brothers show. Mr. Bennett was fabulous (of course), and I really enjoyed seeing them perform in person. And I got to see DU again! And Moose and Sweat Pea. Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment