
This morning I received a gift from some work friends from California, and now I'm getting excited to add some color! My friends decorated quilt squares, and DuCharme bound them into a quilt with some great doggies-on-Sprout-Green fabric! Check it out:

I haven't decided which wall to hang it on yet, but since I have a lovely new picture rail, once I get some ribbon and a hook, I can move it around the room to see where it will look best. Meanwhile, here's some of the furniture we do have for Sprout:
The dresser is the one I had when I was a child (my mom sent it out this fall); it was my dad's before I got it, and I can remember when I was finally tall enough to use the top drawer. We have a bunch of books on top of the dresser—some for Sprout once he/she is interested in chapter-style books (we bought a whole shelf of Illustrated Junior Library books from a second-hand bookstore in Bellingham), and part of our collection of pregnancy and holy-crap-we-have-a-newborn baby books. The glider (and footstool) is one I got for a steal from a baby store that was closing its physical store to focus on web sales.
We have our spare bed in this room for now. (See how green it is?? I definitely need some other colors in this room.)
Rather than a crib, we are going to start with a co-sleeper to keep Sprout between us in our bedroom. This should make those middle-of-the-night feedings easier. (There's a little light at the top of the co-sleeper in the blue fabric...perfect little night light for checking on Sprout.)
And I'm told that you can't see The Belly very well, so here's another shot of me holding the quilt up:

No comments:
Post a Comment