Ohmigosh, my face is definitely looking fuller! To clarify, it was my 35th birthday, and I'm only 31 weeks pregnant (due around March 25). Normally when strangers ask my due date, I've been getting comments like "oh, that's so far away" or "my, you're tiny!"—which I've always found flattering. Things are beginning to change, though. This Saturday while I was having tea, the women next to me (and their 85-year-old gentleman friend) were celebrating a 60th birthday. I talked with them some as we all were sitting there (they had forgotten a camera, so I took their picture with my phone and emailed it to them), and as I got up to leave my seat (not very gracefully, I'm afraid), the women asked my due date. Two of them exclaimed, "ooohhh, that's a long time from now!" (their friend chided them to be quiet because the time would fly). I just chuckled (because they really were nice ladies), but I guess I'm really starting to look like I'm due soon...
P.S. to Julie: orchids, green raspberries, palm leaves, and some neat cabbage-like pink blossoms...fab!

No comments:
Post a Comment